Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today's adventure...

the Ultimate Fitness show.

I heard about it last night and decided that I'd go. The Mr would be at the motorcycle show, so it was just me and the kids anyway.

Wow...lots of spandex (but not the icky scary spandex, the nice spandex).

We talked to lots of people, saw lots of neat booths - personal trainers, gyms (all very pushy and not willing to take no thanks for an answer), foxy kickboxing, holistic medicine, chiropractors, massage people. and the like....

I was most impressed (and slightly terrified) of the booth for Tri-it. but as we walked by, stopped and talked to them. they were really nice. Starting a beginner triathlon training program next month (I might just take them up on that one...). They also gave me a calendar of the upcoming events happening from now til next December in Alberta. oh dear....I think I'm hooked.

There's a Try this triathlon at the university in May. Could I? Should I? its only 500m swim, 16k bike and 3k run. hmmm....

Then there's a Womens only in Strathmore in August. hmmm....the lady at the booth said it was FANTASTIC!

There was the booth for the CalgaryHerald's Health club at home challenge. hm, so we checked it out (ok I checked, they whined to leave). So, you're looking at a participant in the 2011 at home challenge. I've been weighed and measured, picture taken (eek). The winner will get a trip for 2 to Maui. and 2nd prize is an elliptical. sadly....looking at all the people registering I don't think I have a chance of winning. That is unless, they all drop out. I seemed to be a lot more fit than most there (I really don't want to offend anyone but its true).

Now to go find a conversion chart to convert my measurements that were taken today.
bust: 99cm
waist: 99cm
hips: 115cm
and weight 193

And.....to figure out if I can do a tri by May.

No comments:

Post a Comment